DRAGONFLY PILATES MURRYSVILLE
3843 Old William Penn Hwy. | Murrysville, PA
$750 3-Day Course | May 15-17, 2020
Friday 4 to 8 pm | Saturday 11 am to 6 pm | Sunday 9 am – 2 pm
Pilates for Neurological Conditions
This 3-day in-person training will help you understand neurological disease and the principles and applications of neuromuscular rehabilitation and neuroplasticity in exercise.
The course covers the multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, and stroke disease processes in depth, as well as issues common to many neurological diseases, including balance difficulties, weakness, muscle spasticity and rigidity, bladder problems, and gait abnormalities.
You will learn:
• how to assess causes of balance problems
• how to work with single side weakness to create better muscle balance
• how to diagnose ineffective compensations and help remedy them
• how and when to stretch to manage spasticity
• techniques to create “detour circuitry” in the brain and spinal cord to work around existing nervous system damage
• … and much more!
Since the course covers so many problems common to the average student, you will have tools to work with students of nearly every population, especially the aging, and those with neurological conditions or muscle imbalances.
Our course is recognized with 16 CECs (continuing education credits) from the Pilates Method Alliance. It is an affiliate course for the Women’s Health Pilates Specialist Certificate™ through the Center for Women’s Fitness, and is also offered in Europe through MBodies Training Academy.