The Eloquent Eye: Mentorship for Movement Professionals
Apprenticeship is a great way to learn the ins-and-outs of being a Pilates instructor in a safe and welcoming environment. Participants will work intimately with current instructors through observation and practice teaching of real clients. In addition, apprentices will engage in monthly training sessions (outside of the Balanced Body Education Modules) that will include anatomy, teaching techniques, and class structure and design. Also included is use of the equipment, mat classes, teaching feedback, and studio access.*
Requirements for completion:
- Participation in six monthly training sessions. Each meeting will include a movement class, teaching development lecture/discussion, skills drills and practice teaching.
- Completion of all homework assignments and assessments
- 6 Private Sessions with a Mentor (these can be completed in person or via Skype/Facetime/Zoom
- 30 Observation hours, plus 20 student teaching hours*
- 1 written essay + 2 case studies (topics to be determined)
- Practical exam – to include demonstration of teaching skills and practical performance of Pilates repertoire
* Studio access to be given at a mutually agreed-upon time in the training cycle.
$999, plus books. List to be provided at registration.
$95 for additional coaching sessions with Misty Lynne. These 50-minute sessions dedicated to the individual needs of the trainee, and are available at any time throughout the program.
Please call the studio at (412) 586-5059 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Clients Say
“Dragonfly Pilates helps me maintain the ability to do my physically demanding job.”
“I am physically and emotionally improved thanks to Misty’s unique and individualized pilates lessons. I leave each session standing tall and strong, Misty has been able to work with my physical limitations in a way that is both caring and challenging.”
“Pilates (at Dragonfly Pilates) has been a wonderful experience for me since having my son five months ago. It has helped me get back into my pre-baby clothes within a few months.”
“The high-quality instruction at Dragonfly Pilates has really balanced my body. My doctors are happy, and I know I’m stronger than ever.”
“Dragonfly Pilates classes are friendly and fun, but they also are hard work. Even in group sessions, exercises are tailored to individual goals and to encourage new goals as one grows stronger. No one gets left behind. No one gets an easy class. I am more confident physically and psychologically. Also, because Dragonfly Pilates is about building rather than burnout, I expect to be able to continue to work and to grow for a lifetime.”